Why you need that Amla juice right now
There is a reason why our grandmothers were always refilling the delicious Amla murabbas, jams and pickles. Because Amla or the Indian Gooseberry is nothing less than a boon for mankind. Known as the ‘powerhouse of nutrients’ or ‘reservoir of health benefits’; it is one of the most readily available superfood in India.
Amla has also been an integral part of Ayurveda, and has been long used in Ayurveda for almost all organs of the body. Ayurveda states that Amla alone can balance and cure all the three doshas (bio-energies or life forces) – Vata, Pitta and Kapha. It is therefore a primary ingredient of numerous Ayurveda remedies and medications.
There are several reasons to consume Amla; but in the current Covid scenario, it has become even more vital because of its exceptional immunity boosting abilities. It is full of essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals, which are not only integral to our wellbeing but also indispensable in preventing various widespread health issues and diseases. So if you are looking for best amla juice brand in India, we have got you covered.
Amla: Health benefits and Uses
Amla contains twenty times more Vitamin C than an Orange. It has hundred times more antioxidant power than that of a Pomegranate. Shocked? The small Indian Gooseberry is bundled with multiple health benefits.
Here are our favourite top ten Amla health benefits.
- It is an exceptional source of Vitamin C and is easily absorbed by our body. Consuming Amla boosts immunity against viral and bacterial diseases, and provides relief in case of cold, cough and other respiratory ailments.
- The rich fiber content in Amla aids and enhances digestion. It is also helpful in gastric inflammation and improves bowel movement.
- It aids digestion, improves metabolism and also curbs your appetite; thus helping in weight management or weight loss.
- It is helpful in managing diabetes as it is more responsive to insulin and regulating blood sugar level.
- It maintains your lipid levels and thus keeps your cholesterol in check.
- Carotene in Amla improves vision. Daily usage of Amla provides improvement in overall eye health and can reduce cataract problem, reddening, itching, and watering of eyes.
- It is a great blood purifier. It makes the blood vessels stronger and flushes out harmful toxins from body.
- Amla’s anti-inflammatory properties can relieve pain in arthritis and joint aches.
- It is an exceptional anti-oxidant and gives blemish-free, healthy, hydrated, glowing skin. It fights against free radicals and slows down aging signs such as wrinkles and fine lines.
- And this one is no surprise. Amla has been used for shiny and stronger hair since centuries. Amla is a proven hair tonic, as it increases blood circulation, is effective against dandruff, prevents hair loss and slows down greying of hair.
Amla: How to use
Whether eaten raw, juiced, powdered or in the form of pickles, jams, dips or spreads; it can be included in your everyday diet through various ways.
- Start your day drinking (20-30 ml) Amla juice diluted in a glass of water. For better taste or palatability, you can add a bit of lemon juice and honey.
- Everyday consumption of Amla powder mixed with honey or jaggery is great for blood purification or increase in haemoglobin.
- Amla juice can be mixed with Jamun juice (Indian Blackberry) and Karelajuice (Bitter Gourd) to manage diabetes.
- Gargling with diluted Amla juice in water helps with ulcers.
- Amla juice with Aloe Vera juice is great for low cholesterol and better hair.
- For a great hair pack, add Amla powder, Shikakai and curd. Leave on your scalp for half an hour and wash it off.
- Amla powder with honey and yogurt works as a great face pack.
- Dabbing Amla juice onto your face gets rid of marks, pigmentation and blemishes.
List of Best Amla juice brand in India
Eating raw Amla is not for everyone. For those who want to add it into their diet but are concerned about the sour, tangy flavour; Amla juice is a great alternative. Amla juice benefits and uses are manifold, but the biggest advantage is that it is easier to consume Amla juice than raw Amlas.
We have compiled the following list of best amla juice brand in India.
Top 5 Amla juice brands in India
These are the top 5 Amla juice brands in India after analyzing all the amla juice brands available in Indian market.
Baidyanath is one of the top 10 amla juice brands in India. Baidyanath Amla juice is a GMP certified product; made of ingredients sourced from a network of herb growers from indigenous locations of the country. The Amlas are cold pressed and no sugar, artificial flavour, colour, oil, impurities, and seeds are added. It is pure amla juice without preservatives. This juice is completely vegan and hundred percent organic and natural which makes it absolutely safe and effective to consume on a daily basis.
Baidyanath Amla juice is enriched with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Iron, Phosphorus, Folic acid, Carbohydrate and Calcium, and works as an anti-aging herb for the human body. It is highly effective for clear eyesight and helps to stimulate and maintain oral health. It helps control cholesterol levels and supports the loss of weight. It is also great for hair care and can be applied directly on scalp for premature greying, hair fall or dandruff issues.
Sourced from the heartland of Amla, Pratapgarh; top quality Amlas are handpicked and cold pressed so that maximum nutrition is retained. Made in a GMP, FSSAI approved facility; this juice has no added sugar, artificial flavours, added colours, chemicals or any taste enhancers. Kapiva is one of the best amla juice brand in India.
It is enriched with Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, and is a great detoxifying drink that fights against seasonal diseases and protects against free radicals. It works as an anti-aging herb, effective enough to boost immunity, digestive system and metabolism. A great product for skin and hair, it also helps keep blood sugar and blood pressure in control.
Patanjali Amla juice is not just a health drink but an ayurvedic medicine, manufactured from fresh and pure Indian Amla extracts. It can be consumed orally or directly applied on the scalp for required hair nutrition.
It improves the immune deficiencies and prevents from seasonal diseases like cough and cold. It also helps provide healthy skin, hair, powerful eyesight, stronger immunity and digestive system. One secret tip; just add two drops of this Amla juice into your regular shampoo, and say goodbye to dry and split ends.
Nutriorg Organic Amla Juice is made from Organic Amlas cultivated in certified company owned organic farmlands of Rajasthan. This one hundred percent pure and unfiltered, fiber enriched Amla juice is completely undiluted and unadulterated.
Made with no artificial colours and flavours; Nutriorg Organic Amla juice is great in boosting the digestive system, promoting hair growth, tackling hair fall and increasing Haemoglobin and the red blood cell count. This Amla juice is also known to get rid of kidney stone by dissolving the stone with regular consumption.
Made up of 100% fresh Amla extracts, Dabur Amla juice contains antibacterial and anti-viral qualities that protect from day to day diseases and ailments. Dabur Amla juice has multiple health benefits. It has healing properties that boost the healthy functioning of cells, tissues, organs and systems. It helps in regulating steady blood flow, shields against cough and cold and keeps your hair healthy. Dabur Amla juice is also beneficial for liver health and digestion, countering inflammation and protecting against effects of free radicals.
So here it is; the magical elixir of life packed in a bottle. Amla juice is a hydrating option for better immunity, health, hair, skincare, and the list is never ending. So what are you waiting for; get your bottle of Alma juice right away.
You might also like : Apple Cider Vinegar Health Benefits